Reporting to the Head of IT, this post has the responsibility of managing the day-to-day running of the company’s desktop, network, server, security, storage and core business application infrastructure, coupled with end user support to circa 100 users.
The post holder is expected to contribute to the smooth running and availability of the above infrastructure services, by means of best practice and proactive monitoring.
The post holder is also accountable for the development and integration of services and systems that fall within the responsibility of this post.
In addition, the post holder will be expected to work closely with Project Managers and play a key role implementing solutions in compliance with corporate and departmental project management standards through the full project management life cycle.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring the smooth and consistent operation of corporate technology to aid each department in the achievement of its project objectives, and to bring innovation through IT to the Business.
The post holder is also responsible for working to an ITIL based approached to service management and delivery.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To provide end user desktop support to circa 100 users.
- To provide application support to the above user base.
- To develop and maintain a resilient and secure platform infrastructure, covering desktop, servers, storage, security and core business applications/services.
- To maintain all infrastructure through incident and problem resolution, as defined by the department’s service and operating level agreements, governed by an ITIL based approach.
- To diagnose and resolve technical issues relating to the network and server infrastructure.
- To ensure the availability and security of the company network due to adequate security systems and pro-active monitoring.
- To deal with technology suppliers in regards to technical consultancy, problem resolution, deliveries of equipment, returns / repairs of equipment.
- The production of technical documentation.
- The production and presentation of training / user guide documentation.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act at all times.
- To observe, monitor, promote and comply with the One Answer Information Security Policy, as well as any other IT process or procedure in the performance of duties.
This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and there may be other duties, within the remit of this position, required of the jobholder from time to time. The company reserves the right to alter this job description and will do so after consultation with the jobholder.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- At least 2 years IT experience in a dynamic IT Operations Environment, with significant knowledge including troubleshooting and design experience on ;
- Office 365 Administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 – 2012
- Amazon Web Services
- Network Security
- MPLS Wide Area Networks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server and networking technologies including the use of Active Directory, SharePoint, and Office 365.
- Experience in building Windows Server/PC systems from the component level upwards.
- A very strong technical background, with a logical mind, excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- A flexibility and adaptable working style with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, from technical staff through to board members and similar external contacts.
- Working knowledge of core Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience of working as part of a team in both an operational and project environment.
- 5 x GCSE passes (A-C) (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- An in-depth understanding of other operation systems in use, including Open VMS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration.
- Knowledge of the Avaya IP Office Phone System.
- A good understanding of network security policies.
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and managers.