We are looking for a qualified Developer to design and code functional programs and applications. You will work as part of a team and individually with little supervision.
You will need excellent knowledge of at least .NET and C#. You should be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
The goal is to write “clean” and flawless code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated
- 3 or more years developing/supporting web/client/server applications using C# and the .Net framework.
- Preferably someone with experience of a Business Analyst role i.e. someone who will understand the business requirements and translate these into the development specification.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and TFS.
- Experience with industry standard database technologies (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments desired.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Experience of ASP.net Web API.
- Experience with highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments desired.
- Ability to automate infrastructure automation through scripting.
- Experience supporting windows across public cloud and private data centres.
- Strong practical windows-based systems administration skills.